Thursday, September 17, 2009

On the Verge!

After a four-and-a-half-hour stint in a practice room my composition is on the cusp of completion! All that's left to do is put the finishing touches on the guitar part, and of course print it! I've decided to call it 'Far'. The character I'm attempting to capture in this piece is the feeling of mystery when one glimpses something far off in the distance and can't help but be fascinated by it. To capture this I've used quick inquisitive motifs along with pauses and lots of sustain pedal. It is almost two pages long and lasts about a minute. Now I'm just wondering how it will fly in performance.

2 comments:

  1. I think the character you were aiming for is pretty well represented by the chords and the way that you've used them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks budee, it's good to know I'm headed in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete